Wednesday, February 4, 2009

For Earth



I have heard alot about Urth Cafe and finally had the chance to try it out early this week. And it was a truly delightful experience. "Urth" is pronounced as "Earth" and that gives you a little idea of what its about. The place had a warm and inviting ambience and the display case of delectable desserts was so, so tempting. I found it difficult to believe that those were all healthy fare! My friend, who was a regular patron of the cafe, requested a bear to be drawn (as pictured below) on my Japanese Tea Latte, which made my day. One more happy customer!

Urth Cafe boasts organic coffees and teas which are grown using the highest standards. When I took a sip of my latte, I could tell the difference. Really, I could. The flavor, richness, and aroma were extraordinary. Synthetic petroleum based chemical fertilizers are the most common chemical used in the production of coffee, which can slowly destroy the soil's fertility and leak into local water supplies. Coffee is one of the heaviest chemically treated food commodity in the world and Americans consume one-fifth of the world's coffee. I had been ingesting chemicals all this while!



This was one simple eco-friendly step that I was more than happy to take. I definitely recommend this place for anyone who craves a refreshing change from the cookie-cutter coffee chains, if you're willing to put up with the price. You may also sleep better and have peace of mind, knowing that you have done something to support the environment and fair trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment